Our Annual General Meeting was held at 7pm on Thursday 23rd September. As social distancing measures have only just started to lift the AGM was be held online again this year.
The FQMS Annual General Meeting is a vital event at which we discuss our work over the last year and the future, including motions and elections to the Trustee Board.
Here is a summary of what was discussed:
- The Chairman summarised his statement on FQMS’s activity in 2020 as provided in the 2020 annual return.
- Accept the Report and Accounts of the Trustees for the year ending 31st December 2020 – agreed.
- Reappoint auditors Clarkson Hyde to assess our accounts for the year ending 31st December 2021 – agreed.
- Retire and reappoint the following trustees:
- Khaled Dawas – agreed.
- Ahmed Massoud – agreed.
- Neil Serougi – agreed.
- Re-elect newly appointed trustees:
- Yasmin Tabbakh – agreed.
- Electra Simon – agreed.
- Naseer Chia – agreed.
- Special resolutions:
- Officially change the name of the charity to “Al Quds Foundation for Medical Schools in Palestine” – agreed.
- Amend the Articles of Association to expand the scope of support – agreed.
For the full details of the resolutions that were passed, please read the minutes.