Madrinha-trust mentee for undergraduate scholarship
Project title: Infection control and healthy nutrition
Target Group: Children of age between 5-14 years old.
“Teaching the basics of personal hygiene for the child is of great importance to maintain the cleanliness and health of the child, especially for children of young age, due to their exposure to germs to a very large extent because they spend not a little time in close and direct contact with each other, whether in the lesson or in the play areas, And when habits are instilled at a young age, this can prevent problems that can occur as they reach adolescence.
Personal hygiene is one of the ways in which the body is cared for, and the importance of personal hygiene lies in protecting the body from millions of foreign germs and viruses, and through these practices, the body can be prevented from diseases resulting from them, and also increase the feeling of satisfaction towards the general appearance.
We implemented the project in a private school by explaining simple PowerPoint slides to the children. During the awareness , we gave some motivational gifts to the students , Here are the most important personal hygiene habits for children that we explained to children :
- Take a shower regularly, using soap and warm water, rubbing the skin well.
- Wash your face frequently with soap and water.
- Do not use other people’s personal tools.
2– hand hygiene:
The correct way to wash hands and wash hands before and after eating and after playing.
3- hair hygiene :
Washing hair regularly and cutting its ends.
4- dental hygiene:
The correct way to brush teeth and brush teeth after eating and before sleep , and not eating sweets frequently .
5- Eyes, feet, nose and ears hygiene:
It must be washed regularly.
6- General Tips :
- Shower daily.
- Brush your teeth.
- Cutting nails.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Use your own tools, and do not use the tools of others.
- Always change clothes.
Then we talked about healthy nutrition
A healthy diet should contain reasonable amounts of fruits, vegetables, and carbohydrates, and reduce the percentage of fat, salt, sodium and sugars. We explained the difference between healthy and unhealthy foods .
And we gave them some tips on healthy nutrition :
- Eating a variety of different types of food.
- Fresh selection of vegetables and fruits.
- Eat regularly and in moderate amounts.
- Drink plenty of water
- Make carbohydrate-rich foods the basis of your diet.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid white bread and refined flour.
- Eat foods rich in dietary fibre.
- Drink milk and dairy products.
- Reducing the intake of sweets and sugars.”